Freedom. Contribution. Prosperity.
That’s what I stand for.
But since I’ve written a lot recently about creating a six-figure revenue stream in record time, many of you may get the mistaken impression that I only care about the money.
Far from it.
I only care about money to the extent that money allows me to continue sharing my gifts, talents, wisdom, and experiences with others so that it uplifts them and enriches their lives.
The way I see it, those of us who are committed to making a difference in the world are likely to work hard at what we do. For most of us, it’s a labor of love. So I figure, if we’re going to work hard, we might as well make the most of the work we do so that it produces results.
If you’re committed to making a positive contribution and making a profit on a sustainable basis, there are fundamental principles and practices you must understand, to ensure the odds of succeeding are in your favor. (And you must also understand when to act in seeming contradiction of fundamental principles of success.)
Rapid revenue acceleration, the result of providing tremendous value to clients, customers, and patients, takes real effort and commitment.
And it takes the right blend of laser-focus, business structure, highly leveraged strategies, powerful tactics, comprehensive systems, action-oriented accountability, and follow-through.
That’s a lot of moving parts!
So where do you start?
One of the first things I’d do is take a quick inventory of everything you have to work with. And follow these three rules:
- Focus on what you have to work with, not what you don’t have or wish you had.
- Focus on what you can do, not what you can’t or don’t know how to do.
- Focus on applying your natural strengths; don’t worry about your weaknesses or let them overshadow your strengths.
You see, when I was first starting out, I wished I had an email list of pre-qualified prospects. But that wasn’t going to happen overnight, given what I had to work with.
I wished I had a free product I could use to grow my list. But I knew I couldn’t waste any precious time developing one; it was going to have to wait, until after I secured paying clients.
I wished I had a list of people who could refer clients to me. But that wasn’t likely, since I had just started my business.
Instead, I recognized that my greatest assets was my ability to speak in front of audiences. I could engage them in dialogue about what could be possible for their businesses and lives.
When I first started trying to get clients, I made dozens of one-to-one warm calls. Not exactly one of my greatest strengths, but I’m decent at it, and I thought I could get this to work.
30 days later, I didn’t have a single taker for a free introductory session with me!
Fortunately, I had enough insight to recognize I needed to call on my natural strength: speaking in front of audiences.
So I scheduled a live event for four weeks in the future, not knowing where any attendees would come from. Long, dramatic story made short: That landmark live seminar catalyzed my journey to creating a six-figure revenue stream in 73 days.
- Set your timer for 10 minutes, then make a list of all the things you wish you had to work with, things you wish you could do to grow your business as quickly as possible. (If you’ve done it on computer, print it out).
- Now, take that same sheet of paper, look it over one more time. Then… crumple it up and put it in the recycle bin. Yeah, just do it.
- Now I want you to answer this question: “What are the greatest natural strengths and assets that you can use immediately to accelerate your business growth, contribution, and profitability?”
- From this list (and it could be a list of only one or two things), select the business growth strategies that allow you to use these strengths to maximum benefit.
If you’re ready to go further and deeper, I invite you to join me and other “freedompreneurs” for a “Six-Figures FAST!” teleclass and Q&A session.
During this session, which is scheduled for this Thursday, April 26th, at 5 pm Pacific, I’ll identify the absolute very first element you must focus on, if you are going to stand any chance of rapidly accelerating toward six-figures and beyond.
I’ll also identify some of the fundamental principles that I’ve identified as common to what I and my clients have followed (and sometimes broken), as we created our six-figure revenue streams in 71 to 180 days.